« Back to News List« Back to News List
February 1st, 2020
Welcome to the Fun Enterprises Monthly Newsletter
by Michael Miller
JUST SAY IT, PLEASE! THANK YOU!
This time of year, while busy, finds me feeling excited – the madness of the holidays is over; however, there’s still so much left of the year – and so much time still left to accomplish those things that will advance our professional and personal lives. These feelings make me feel like I have the time to truly achieve my goals. Having that perspective always makes me feel grateful for a host of things!
Grateful for family and friends I love, a career about which I care deeply, and grateful for the opportunity to work with people around the United States who make a difference in their organizations. Of course, the bottom line in all this thankfulness is people. Lately, I have been trying to express my gratitude to these important people more frequently. My attempts have helped to bring me clarity on valuable people in my life, have solidified my feelings, and have even strengthened some important relationships!
What about you?
I know you are grateful for people in your life – and I also know you think at times, “I should let them know.” But, expressing gratitude isn’t always easy: We think of it, then the year gets busy and we become distracted, so we put off expressing our positive feelings. So why not create a special moment NOW and tell a special person why you appreciate their presence in your life. Friend, spouse, partner, or colleague – anyone you’re grateful for is eligible!
Here’s how simple it is to do:
1. Reflect on those people in your life you are grateful for and choose one!
It will SURPRISE you to know just how many people you are actually grateful for: the person you choose will probably not be the most OBVIOUS! That’s a FUN part of the reflection. Please also be sure to choose someone not based on THEIR need to hear your positive thoughts; rather, focus on YOUR desire to express this gratitude.
2. Complete this phrase thinking of the person you selected: I am grateful to you for . . .
Say it SIMPLY: no need for too many adjectives or FLUFFY phrases. SHORT is fine, SINCERE is best! Also, if an AWKWARD silence prevails after you express your gratitude, follow up with, “I just wanted you to know this!” And, then feel free to MOVE on!
3. Walk into their space, enter their e-mail address, call their phone: TELL THEM NOW!
Don’t PROCRASTINATE: remember the clock is ticking – and time’s a wasting. Don’t CHEAT someone of this important, positive and meaningful approbation. Your thoughts mean MORE than you know. You realize, of course, that you are also going to make someone’s day!
Please let me know how it goes!
By the way, if you didn’t already know, I am grateful to you for reading this!
To book Michael for your upcoming event, call Bonnie Fox at 253-229-4390
or email [email protected]
Want a $25.00 American Express Gift Card?
Refer a friend for any of our Event Staff or Artists positions, and get a $25 gift card when your referral comes in for an interview, whether they are hired or not!
We need Artists and Event Staff - Pass the word!
We are looking for full and part time Artists and Event staff. Candidates should be personable, enthusiastic individuals with a strong work ethic and a commitment to customer service. Training provided.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate is preferred.
- Must be personable, hardworking and able to work independently.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Proven proficiency in the use of computer equipment/applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal formats.
- Punctual for all jobs and assignments.
- Be able to lift 40 lbs. and stand up for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and a clean driving record.
Please send referrals/inquiries to: [email protected]
Have you booked yet?
Call us at 781-436-3187 today!
- 2 Groundhog's Day
- 2 Super Bowl Sunday , Superbowl 54
- 3 Feed the Birds Day
- 9 Oscar Night 2020
- 12 Lincoln's Birthday
- 14 Valentine's Day
- 15 Singles Awareness Day - Are you single or in between relations? Then, this day is for you!
- 17 President's Day - third Monday of month
- 20 Hoodie-Hoo Day
- 22 Washington's Birthday
- 25 Mardi Gras(Fat Tuesday)
- 26 Ash Wednesday
- 29 Leap Day - just once every four years
- Daily February holidays and special days
- 8 International Women's Day
- 8 Daylight Savings Begins at 2:00 a.m.
- 10 Purim begins at sundown
- 13 Friday the 13th
- 15 Ides of March
- 17 St. Patrick's Day
- 20 International Earth Day - also called Sun-Earth Day
- 20 Spring (Vernal) Equinox
- 25 Feast of the Annunciation
- Daily March holidays and special days
by Amma Marfo
I love teaching others how to harness their creativity. And even after so many years working with students, professionals, and other clients, it's still thrilling to find my own new inspirations. I truly believe it can come from anywhere: books or podcasts, nature, meeting new people, or even a quietly delightful YouTube channel. This month on my blog, I introduce readers to the talented and endlessly watchable chefs of the Bon Appétit test kitchen. Not only are they a great way to relax after a long day, but they highlight the inner workings of a workplace that embodies the creative spirit. Part 1 and Part 2 are both live at ammamarfo.com/blog, I hope you'll read and draw inspiration from their work! And if, after you finish, you'd like to talk more about how we can bring that spirit to your work? Please get in touch, I'd love to work with you!
To book Amma for your upcoming event, call Bonnie Fox at 253-229-4390
or email [email protected]
AC and Wayde celebrated their 24th Wedding Anniversary last month!
Candy, Flowers, Red, Love, February, Fourteenth, Cupid, Engagements, Chocolates, Cards, Hearts, Diamonds
Newsletter written and edited by Debra Holland - February 2020