It’s just not Halloween until someone puts candy corns in a jar and says, “Guess how many candy corns there are in a one quart jar?”
Here is a hint – the number is between 300 and 500.
The one closest to the number will win the jar! This little contest ends on Friday, October 17th. Leave guesses on this blog, Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Woo-Hoo!
And for those of you that LOVE candy corns, here is a little history (Thank you, Better Homes and Garden):
1. This type of candy has been manufactured since the 1880s.
2. Candy corns were made by a company called Wunderlee Candy Company located in Philadelphia.
3. Candy corn is made of sugar, corn syrup, marshmallow creme, vanilla flavor and fondant.
4. You can’t eat just one!
5. Each kernel is made individually.
6. True candy corn is white, orange and yellow striped.
7. There are different types of corn: Indian corn – white, orange and brown- the brown is chocolate for Thanksgiving. Reindeer corn – white, red and green for Christmas. Cupid corn – white, red and pink for Valentine’s Day. Bunny corn – pastel colors for Easter.
So, let’s get some guesses on this jar. Before I crack it open and start eating them.